Friday, August 10, 2007

真正追隨者必定是羸家

Some friends tell me when you are barked at by a few complaining that they are losing money because of your recommendation, you should be happy as you can't expect all praises you and you should know that the barkers are born losers as most of them actually are not lost because of your recommendations, but they are only jealous of your success or you have kicked them out from your friends' list.
At first I am not sure, now I am totally agree with it. People can pretend to be anybody in the blog, but some complaints don't make sense at all. They have not often read my column or have ever studied my book and tried to make others believe how my articles have hurt them.
Is there any commentator stupid enough to promise what they recommend would sure win?Of course I am not the one, I always say I am an investor and a columnist, happen to have the chance to write something about the HK stock market.
Friends and readers judge my recommendations with results and reasoning, and in a few times, I say sorry in my column for certain poor results.
With 184, my pick of this year, even though there is argument between me and the management, which has driven the price done, but its current price is still almost double from the end of last year. And as a matter of fact, all my readers know that they had many chances to buy 184 at below 3HKD. (If you don't believe, check all my first articles on 184 by the end of 2006.)
And all my readers should have known when I say about the true value of a stock, it most probably is not the immediate target price.Do I ever say 253 will reach 5.4HKD? My targets are very humble, 1.4 and then 1.8HKD.
My target price of 184 was 8HKD, and it had already reached and then fell back and I bought some at relatively high price too. I of course I still believe 184 worth at least 13HKD, the only problem, I believe, and that is what small shareholders should fight for, no free lunch, a very good example with 184, and I promise you I am still fighting. And I need all registrate and attend all the shareholder meetings of 184.
I let every one post opinions here and don't censor them because I am a Wahyanite, a true liberal.So if you are a liberal, you should be proud of yourself too.

10 Comments:

Blogger Andy Yan, CFA said...

Peter,

The winner always thinks before action.

Think/analyst => action => result
^ |
|_______________________|

I believe the above route should be in the winner's mind.

You know me very well. And I did no follow your recommendation all the time, e.g. 635, 'cos it does not fit my "map". If it wins, I am happy 'cos you and some others are happy too. However, if it does not, I am neutral 'cos there are just tons of players and everyone has their own mind.

In addition, win/loss depends on the time frame. You may lose in the short-term but win in a very long term (like 116). In the contrary, you can win in short-term but lose heavily in long term (like 876).

No matter what, the most valuable thing I have learnt from you is the approach to analyse a stock or the global world, not a particular number.

Thank you Peter!

Cheers,
Andy

8:55 PM  
Blogger Digital Analytics Learner said...

I hope everyone could have more sensible dicussion on the world matters and stocks. I'm sure all of us could learn thru this process.

10:43 PM  
Blogger 文西 said...

股神都唔係下下中啦

咁準神早做左黃大仙

對自己不願相信的事,我們往往會不停去質疑

對自己堅持既事,打死也不改口

人就係咁

5:36 AM  
Blogger Tony Wong said...

Hi Peter and All fellows,

Havn't post here for a while, coz I was concentrating on the stock market movement. In the past few days, it was quite exciting. Not only the stock price but also news floating around all over the world on the Subprime issue.

I felt great for my "Last Minute Deal" before market close last friday. After MY OWN fundamental Fin. Alyts, and studying the valuation reports (ANR / BRC) on B.Berg and Reuters and PB. I am full of confidence with 635 and Chun Ho.

Following the 635 annual result release on 17th of Aug. I believe it will do good to its share price.

For those who have lose money becoz of Peter's pick, please be fair and responsible. Remember no free lunch. And this prove the case free rider always lost in market.

Last but not least, I strongly believe self study and research is necessary when making any investment decision.

Tony

9:40 AM  
Blogger 立邦毅德.Alpha研究所 said...

我覺得可以提倡「分散投資」,每隻買入股票的資金只佔總資本的1至2%,即使是一時失誤亦對本金無太大影響。

11:31 AM  
Blogger HK-ABERDEEN said...

Dear Peter,

I am a 184 shareholder for more than 2 years, those fellows who blamed on you because of your recommendation on this stock are really not an investor. My investment policy is a bit like yours, the real value of the stock can be reflected in free market. Hopefully, the holders of 184 must be patient to wait for the postive change of the 184 director, the Ho's family which it seems better than 063.

Have you ever studied 051 & 0224? Any comment on these 2 stocks with poor turnover.

Thank you!

7:41 PM  
Blogger gaubinfor said...

Peter, 各位 :

強烈推介大家看看這條短片, 沒有比它更貼切去形容今日的環球金融環境 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

片中的水牛群好比匯豐, 渣打, 宏利等超級金融機構, 它們也有好像片中那頭小水牛般受獅子群 (對沖基金) 遇襲, 但不會傷元氣, 力量重聚後, 可一股作氣把獅子群趕離場.

那頭鱷魚好比個別莊家和先知先覺的散戶, 例如標叔叔專欄的長期讀者們, 借次按製造的泡泡, 和它爆破那刻在河邊乘機偷食, 分一杯羹.

估計今次的泡泡之殺傷力只有 90 年美國 saving and loan crisis 那種規模, 祖國通脹失控, 逼使阿公用盡各種方法, 不惜連正行生意也斷水斷電的代價, 截斷各地上地下錢莊的水源, 才更值得憂慮.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's no need to kowtow to the boards
Minority shareholders can make a difference
Hugh Young
Aug 12, 2007

Good read in scmp

4:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

peter你好,終於第一次係度留言.

好欣賞你呢份直腸直肚既性格.不招人妒是庸材,我認為你係一個分析能力好好既執筆者.

還望可以繼續向你及其他friend club成員多多學習!

10:37 AM  
Blogger peter said...

thank you all, good luck in the age of turmoil.
Value investors are sure win, I promise you.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home